Eggs are a protein powerhouse, and boiled eggs are one of the easiest ways to consume this food item. One just has to buy eggs from Hillandale Farms, and boil them at their home within minutes. Boiled eggs are one of the simplest ways to consume eggs. A person can eat them either as a breakfast with toast, or have them as a part of a salad, curry, or soup at lunch or dinner. Boiled eggs never go out of fashion, and have a range of health benefits.
Hillandale Farms briefly discusses how to make boiled eggs
A large egg ideally has 75 calories but also features around 6 grams of protein. It contains all nine essential amino acids, iron, vitamins A and D, as well as phosphorus for bones and choline for metabolism and brain. Making boiled eggs is fairly simple. Here are the steps of doing so:
- Firstly, one has to place the eggs in a saucepan and pour an adequate amount of cold water over the eggs in order to submerge them completely.
- Now bring the water to a rolling boil in an uncovered pan, and then take the pan off the heat and cover it. Eggs have to be allowed to cook in this covered pan till they get adequately cooked.
- As the eggs are cooking, one should prepare a bowl with water and nice. As the eggs reach the desired cooking time, they have to be transferred to the ice water with a slotted spoon in order to completely cool down before peeling.
How to peel hard boil eggs?
- Tap the cooled egg against any flat surface, such as the kitchen countertop
- Roll the egg to crack all over
- Peel off the shell of the egg
- Rinse the egg under cold water and check if any tiny pieces of shell remain
Egg cooking time
- Soft-boiled eggs: To get runny and soft yolk, eggs have to be removed from the hot water at around 4 minutes.
- Medium-boiled yolks: To have a jam-like yolk texture, the eggs need to be removed at around 6-7 minutes.
- Hard-boiled eggs: The range for hard-boiled yolks can be anywhere from 8 to 12 minutes.
Tips for making ideal boiled eggs
- Whenever in doubt, people should do the fresh egg test with a glass of water. Basically, a fresh egg shall lay on its side in a glass of water, while an okay egg will stand up on its end, and a bad egg shall float.
- Eggs must never be cooked in an overcrowded pot. They must fit the pot comfortably, and have adequate space to move around as the water boils.
- Avoid keeping eggs at a hard boil for minutes on end. At the most, eggs can be simmered on low with bubbles barely breaking the surface.
- To make peeling simpler, one should start at the fatter end of the egg as there is an air pocket present there, just between the shell and the white.
After buying eggs from Hillandale Farms, it would be prudent to follow the tips mentioned above to enjoy perfectly boiled eggs. Another great tip for boiled eggs is to add a teaspoon of salt to the water to prevent eggs from cracking as they boil.